Friday, January 11, 2008

SUCCESS IS A PROCESS

Original lyrics by Stan C. Countz
If I will give my all; if I will give my best
I may hit the wall, but I will still be blessed
Success is not a destination; it’s a process
Forget what lies behind, reach instead for what lies ahead
I wanna stretch my mind and walk that fine line
Between always learning and earning my daily bread
The way may be tough; I may be a diamond in the rough
But if my heart is right and my motive pure
I can rest assured that my best will be enough
If to bless is my motivation; if success is a process
Not a destination, then why do I seem to need
to achieve a certain notoriety to feel elation?
What’s my motivation? Success is not a destination.
It’s a process of elimination so immerse me in your mercy
It’s not easy for me to ask you to search me and know me
You are the potter and I’m the clay so take me and mold me
My loving father, only you can truly show me the way
Show me how to stay on track or what is holding me back
Help me stay true to my purpose and not to be too nervous
Not to wrestle or kick, to be a vessel that’s fit for your service

No comments: